Dr. Neil F. Gordon, Founder & Chief Scientific Officer
Dr. Neil Gordon brings over 30 years’ experience as a medical, business and healthcare leader. He was director of exercise physiology at the world-renowned Cooper Institute in Dallas, TX, where he worked with elite athletes including tennis champion, Jimmy Connors, and Olympic marathon gold-medalist, Frank Shorter. Over the years, he has also held positions as:
- Clinical Professor of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine
- Chief Medical and Science Officer, Nationwide Better Health
- Chairman, American Heart Association Committee on Exercise, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Prevention
Dr. Gordon completed MD and PhD (exercise physiology) degrees in Johannesburg, South Africa. He arrived in USA in 1987. He is a fellow of the American College of Cardiology and has published over 100 scientific manuscripts and 8 books on the topic of preventive medicine.
Dr. Stephen Glazer
Dr. Stephen Glazer is a board certified specialist in Internal Medicine and Critical Care Medicine from the University of Toronto. In addition he is board certified by the American Board of Obesity Medicine.
Dr. Glazer currently serves as;
- The Medical Director of the Bariatric Surgical Program at Humber River Hospital as well as the Medical Director of the Greater Toronto Area Medical Bariatric Program, which is the only OHIP funded hospital based medical bariatric program in the greater metropolitan Toronto area.
- Vice President of the Canadian Association of Bariatric Physicians and Surgeons and an active board member of the Ontario Bariatric Network.
- Dr. Glazer participates as an expert contributor to guideline development and program development for bariatrics in Canada. His research interests include Obesity as well as Sleep Medicine.
Dr. Akash D. Saxena BSc, MD, FRCPC
Dr. Saxena graduated from McMaster Medical School where problem-based and group-learning were key elements. He pursued advanced training in Pulmonary and Internal Medicine along with a Fellowship in Sleep Disorders.
Dr. Saxena has served as:
- a Critical Care Attending for the Rouge Valley Health System and Medical Director
- Quality Advisor for several different GTA Independent Health Facilities
Dr. Saxena has a particular interest in the link between respiratory diseases such as sleep apnea, snoring, asthma and COPD with obesity. Recently, he completed courses affiliated with Harvard University focused on the science of obesity and weight loss. He brings a passion to helping our patients with their weight loss goals.