Successful Results for Over Two Decades
INTERVENT/WM utilizes OPTIFAST® – a medically supervised weight management program that closely monitors and assesses progress towards better health and emotional well-being.
The 26-week program consists of:
- A full meal replacement plan
- An easy transition to self-prepared ‘everyday’ meals
- Comprehensive education
- Ongoing patient support
OPTIFAST® has been successfully used in Canada for more than 20 years to help overweight and obese patients obtain a healthier weight and BMI. The module comprises a high-protein, low-caloric meal replacement plan and several detailed support functions for those looking to lose excess weight.
Smart. Healthy. Easy.
Beyond a smart, healthy and easy to follow meal plan, INTERVENT/WM also includes:
- Metabolic rate testing
- One-on-one coaching
- Fitness tracking
- Online challenges.
The OPTIFAST® program creates an atmosphere of support, accountability and accomplishment when milestones are clearly identified and celebrated upon completion.
OPTIFAST® clinical results are compelling:
- 14-20% average weight loss 1-3
- 12-15% average decrease in total cholesterol 1
- 7-10% average reduction in both systolic and diastolic blood pressure 1,3
- 16% average decrease in waist circumference 3
- Weight loss is maintained over time 2,3
1. Drawert S, Bedford K, Largent D. Change in glucose, blood pressure, and cholesterol with weight loss in medically obese patients. Obes Res. 1996; 4(SI):67S.
2. Wadden TA, Frey DL. A multicenter evaluation of a proprietary weight loss program for the treatment of marked obesity: A five-year follow-up. Int J Eat Disord. 1997; 22:203-212.
3. Bischoff et al. Multicentre evaluation of an interdisciplinary 52-week weight loss program for obesity with regard to boy weight, comorbidites and quality of life-a prospective study. Inter J Obes. 2011. June 1-11.